FAQs 2019-09-12T00:23:45+00:00

MyData RewardsTM

Frequently Asked Questions

GOT A QUESTION?

WE'VE GOT THE ANSWERS

We are not set up to sell data belonging to users whose IP address is outside the USA at this time. Unfortunately, this issue cannot be solved with a VPN...both the device and the IP address must be in the USA. We will announce new markets as they open up. Thanks for your interest in MyData Rewards™!

The company behind MyData Rewards™ is Virtual World Computing. Our flagship product is Cocoon, a secure, cloud-based browser that completely masks user data from third parties. We saw an opportunity to provide users with the power to take back their data from big-name browsers and choose between complete privacy online or a way to cash in on their browsing data, and that became MyData Rewards™ from Cocoon.

We deposit your earnings to the PayPal account you provide. The fine print: The minimum balance you can cash out is $5.00, and new accounts must wait for an initial 45-day period before the first transfer.

That depends on the quantity and the quality of the data you generate as well as the current market rates which vary from season to season. We estimate that the average user should be able to make between $150 and $300 per year. Cocoon will do everything in our power to maximize your rewards. In order to provide this service, Cocoon will retain 20% of the profits from selling your data. The remaining 80% goes to you!

We want you to make the most of MyData Rewards™ and earn more cash with everyday browsing. Here are 3 tips to keep you in the green.

1. Quantity: Earn more by using the browser more.
The amount you can earn is unlimited, so the more Web pages you visit the more you earn, with some exceptions.
Keep in mind, we cannot monetize browsing of financial institutions, government agencies, healthcare content or adult themes.
Don’t forget to set your computer so Cocoon is your default browser. Since no other browser will pay you for your data, make sure you only use Cocoon for all of your browsing.

2. Quality: Earn more by visiting different kinds of sites.
Monetizing browsing data allows companies to better understand people’s interests for advertising and marketing purposes. So the more DIFFERENT sites you visit allows them to better understand people and thus makes your data more valuable.
Please note, we cannot monetize if unusual activity is detected, such as refreshing the same page over and over. This is to prevent fraud and ensure the best experience for all parties.

3. Seasons: Earn more when the seasons change.
Did you know your data is worth more at different times during the year?
Particularly in the fall and winter months of the year, advertisers are more interested in your data, so they are willing to pay more for it. So be sure not to miss out by using Cocoon for your holiday shopping and as well as all your browsing in these months.

With all the news, social, and shopping there is to browse, your cash rewards are endless. We hope these tips help you maximize your MyData Rewards™.

We use your e-mail address to create your account and to contact you for any issues that may arise with your MyData Rewards™.

It is not. We carefully remove all PII (personally identifiable information) before we pass the data on to a buyer. If total privacy is more important to you than making money from your data, we recommend downloading the original Cocoon browser at getcocoon.com/download. In the future, the two features, MyData Rewards™ from Cocoon and Cocoon Stealth Mode, will be available on a single browser.

Your data is anonymized, which means that we remove any Personally Identifiable Information (PII), analyze the aggregated data that remains, and repackage it for our buyers. We do not monetize or share any data generated by user visits to websites for financial institutions, government agencies, healthcare content or adult themes.

Advertisers, researchers and other third parties who have an interest in understanding consumer and societal behavior across different demographics.

Option 1: Every 3 months, automatically
To avoid any Paypal fees, all you have to do is enter your Paypal account and we will transfer your balance quarterly. Every 3 months on March 25, June 25, September 25, and December 25 your balance (over $5.00) will automatically be transferred to the Paypal account you provided.

Option 2: Cash Out anytime
You can also choose to get paid anytime. Just click Redeem Rewards from the dashboard and look for the CASH OUT button. As soon as new earnings are added to your balance, usually on the 25th of every month, they are available to transfer. Please note, this option will incur a small fee from Paypal.

More options for cashing out your rewards will be available in the future we hope to expand the program further. Follow us on Facebook to be the first to know.

Need More Info?

Feel Free to Contact Us ›